The Bislett Alliance is incredibly proud that our main sponsor Storebrand this year has the former vice president of the USA and Nobel Prize winner Al Gore as a speaker at their sustainability conference which is held just hours before the Oslo Bislett Games starts.
- Al Gore has been my great inspiration and role model for my own sustainability journey, says Bislett Games meeting-director Steinar Hoen.
- It was his Oscar-winning film "An Inconvenient Truth", released in 2006, that really opened my eyes to the dangers of global warming.
- His way of inspiring change, as well as showing what is needed, helped us in the Bislett Alliance to change course.
- Bislett Games started its own green transformation in 2017 after 29 years with ExxonMobil as title sponsor and we set ourselves three main goals.
- 1. Bislett Games will be the world's most sustainable international athletics meeting.
- 2. Bislett Stadium will be a showcase for Oslo's ambitions for a sustainable and modern city.
- 3. The Bislett Conference shall be the leading meeting place between sustainable companies and sports.
The Bislett conference was arranged in 2017 and 2018 with the environmental organization ZERO as co-organizer.
From 2019, the conference changed its name when our main sponsor Storebrand became the responsible organizer. The Storebrand conference "Good Money" was held in 2019 and was a huge success.
In 2020, the conference was canceled while in 2021 it went digital. Now the conference is back just hours before the Oslo Bislett Games on Thursday 16 June. This year the conference is hybrid.
The conference itself will be held at Thon Hotel Bristol, but it is free to anyone who wants to follow it digitally.
- We are so proud of what we started in 2017 has now been continued by Storebrand, and that this now culminates with Al Gore himself on stage.
Read more about the conference in the link under and sign up to be inspired for your own journey.